University Meadows Resident Assistant
University Meadows is committed to providing on-campus housing and maintaining a learning environment that encourages academic success, student engagement, personal growth and personal responsibility.
- Greet residents and guests at the main offices.
- Provide information and answer inquiries regarding housing: different room options, cost, amenities, length of contracts.
- Receive phone calls and take messages for the professional staff
- Function independently in the absence of professional staff
- Assist with administrative tasks as directed by University Meadows professional staff.
- Serve as a resource for visitors and prospective students
- Give informational and exciting tours of the residential facility
- Work as a team member with other Resident Assistants with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Enforce and explain policies
- Sort and message mail and packages
- Take appropriate measures to ensure a safe living environment
- Answer walk-up or telephone inquiries about the village
- Direct calls and/or info in the case of an emergency
- Assist with programming and events in the village for the residents
- Conduct rounds in the evening to ensure village safety and cleanliness
- Monthly inspections of apartments
- Assist maintenance with cleaning apartments and prepping for resident/conference arrivals.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Have flexibility to work weekends and nights
- Must live on property for this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word are considered an asset.
Free housing in a 2 or 4 bedroom apartment, $75 stipend every 2 weeks and $50 electric credit per month for working 20-26 hours a week.
Required Training Dates: