Residential Life and Housing
The Office of Residential Life and Housing at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to providing on-campus housing and maintaining a learning environment that encourages academic success, student engagement, personal growth and personal responsibility.
- Greet residents and guests at the main offices for the department in Provincial House and Mansion Hill
- Provide information and answer inquiries regarding housing: different room options, meal plans, cost, amenities, length of contracts
- Receive phone calls and take messages for the professional staff
- Function independently in the absence of professional staff
- Assist with administrative tasks as directed by the Residential Life and Housing staff
- Serve as a resource for visitors and prospective students
- Give informational and exciting tours of the residential facilities
- Work as a team member with other Office Assistants with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Enforce and explain policies
- Sort and distribute mail
- Take appropriate measures to ensure a safe living environment
- Answer walk-up or telephone inquiries about campus resources and events
- Direct calls and/or info in the case of an emergency
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student during the period of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 before and during employment.
- Have flexibility to work weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word are considered an asset.
Hourly wage: $8.00 per hour, averaging 8-20 hours per week
Required Training Dates:
August 14th - 19th, 2018