Guest Services Attendant
Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Create and design print publications, web graphics, logos, and digital signage.
- Serve as the photographer and videographer for departmental needs.
- Produce marketing materials for each program area within the department.
- Assist in staffing department special events and collaborative events with other departments on campus.
- Assist in the department social media campaigns.
- Experience in design, web design, marketing, photography, or other related experience.
- Ability to use various computer software programs – Adobe Creative Design Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other sites).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to effectively communicate to a diverse user population.
- Successfully complete Sexual Harassment & Mandated Reporter trainings.
- CPR/AED Certification – American Red Cross
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- While performing duties the employee will frequently be required to stand, sit, kneel, stand, stoop, communicate, reach, pull, and push.
- Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement will be required while operating computer equipment.
- Eye-hand coordination will be used with typing on keyboard, and individual will be required to read fine print while working.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of various work schedules; early morning, late evening, and weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to interact appropriately with participants, co-workers and members of the University community, and handle any emergency or injury situations which may arise. Individual will work with other student employees in a team environment to provide recreational services to the University community.
- Could be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
Required Training Dates:
April, 2018 – various dates
August 15-17, 2018