Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- This individual will assist with the management and operation of the Intramural Program by officiating competitive contests and activities.
- Possess a high level of self-discipline, independence and responsibility.
- Possess knowledge of the rules of the game and officiating mechanics necessary to enforce the rules.
- Ensure the actions of participants, coaches, and spectators are in compliance with the rules of the game/activity. Encourage good sportsmanship.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure a safe environment for participants. This includes, but is not limited to, preventing use of illegal/broken equipment, inspecting courts, fields and playing areas for unsafe conditions.
- While enforcing the rules of play, remain aware of the inherent risk of injury that competition poses to participants.
- UMSL Student in good standing with the university.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of various work schedules; afternoon, late evening, and weekends.
- The position requires mobility.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience with sports is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
$8.00 an hour
Required Training Dates:
August 15-17, 2018