Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Perform fitness orientations and assessments as necessary.
- Monitor safe conditions in fitness area.
- Provide customer service, guided tours, greet and direct patrons as needed.
- Daily routine cleaning of fitness areas to include but not limited to; detail cleaning of fitness equipment, re-racking weights, mopping of stretch mats and floor, and vacuuming of debris throughout all fitness areas.
- Assist with all program organizational activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of various work schedules; early morning, late evening, and weekends.
- While on duty physical exertion could be demanded. While performing duties the employee will frequently be required to stand, kneel, stand, stoop, communicate, reach, pull, push, and manipulate objects.
- The position requires mobility.
- This position requires the ability to interact appropriately with participants, co-workers and members of the University community, and handle any emergency or injury situations which may arise. Individual will work with other student employees in a team environment to provide recreational services to the University community.
- Could be exposed to blood borne pathogens. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
$8.00 an hour
Required Training Dates:
Tuesday, April 23
April 24-May 1 (one day)