Climbing Wall Attendant
Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Monitor all participants on and around the climbing center.
- Maintain a high level of safety at all times: this includes the safety of participants as well as
- other employees.
- Rent, inspect and return all equipment.
- Instruct clients in class and clinic formats, including belay certifications.
- Participate in staff meetings and the ongoing trainings.
- Understand and enforce all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate effective communication with both clients and supervisor.
- Potential of working with members with health related illnesses and cardiac problems. Personal Trainers will be required to maintain training knowledge. While on duty physical exertion will or could be demanded. Must be able to lift 50lbs
- While performing duties the employee will frequently be required to stand, sit, kneel, stand, stoop, communicate, reach, pull, and push. The position requires mobility.
- Could be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- This position requires the ability to interact appropriately with co-workers and members of the University community. Individual will work with other student employees in a team environment to provide recreational services to the University community.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Assist in programmatic events and initiatives that will enhance building and operations.
- Change/replace bouldering and climbing wall routes and holds to keep the area fresh for new and returning participants.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual cleaning efforts including, but not limited to the washing of handholds, scrubbing of wall surfaces, and disinfecting rental equipment.
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance and safety checks.
- Complete all state, federal, and university record and reports as required.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies. Provide emergency care as required until emergency medical services arrive.
- Obtain and maintain American Red Cross (or equivalent)
- Infant, Child, Adult CPR; Adult/Child AED;
- Standard First Aid
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Preventing Disease Transmission certification
Required Training Dates:
August 15-17, 2018