Climbing Wall Attendant
Recreation & Wellness Center
Campus Recreation’s mission is to enhance lives by providing outstanding recreational opportunities and experiences for the diverse UMSL community.
- Monitor all participants in and around the Climbing Center.
- Maintain a high level of safety at all times: this includes the safety of participants as well as other employees.
- Rent, inspect and return all equipment.
- Instruct members in class and clinic formats, including belay certifications.
- Participate in staff meetings and the ongoing trainings.
- Understand and enforce all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assist in programmatic events and initiatives that will enhance building and operations.
- Change/replace bouldering and climbing wall routes and holds to keep the area fresh for new and returning participants.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual cleaning efforts including, but not limited to the washing of hand holds, scrubbing of wall surfaces, and disinfecting rental equipment.
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance and safety checks.
- Complete all state, federal, and university record and reports as required.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies. Provide emergency care as required until emergency medical services arrives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities related to indoor climbing and bouldering.
- Obtain and maintain American Red Cross Certifications:
- Infant, Child, Adult CPR; Adult/Child AED
- Standard First Aid
- Must be able to climb a single route to the top of the wall at the Climbing Center using a top-rope anchor.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
Required Training Dates:
Tuesday, December 4
Friday, January 25