Student Programs Manager: Student Organizations
Office of Student Involvement
The mission of the Office of Student Involvement is to help students develop as life-long learners and leaders by providing quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience.
The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) Student Programs Manager for Student Organizations supports a professional staff member in planning, implementing, assessing and managing student organization programs and operations. As a member of the Office of Student Involvement, the student programs manager will support the department’s mission to develop life-long learners and leaders through quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience at the university. This individual will assist in the maintenance and growth of large-scale campus programs including but not limited to SOLE, and other student organization training programs.
This individual will also provide support and administer the Student Activity Budget Committee (SABC) process in coordination with the program coordinator; will assist in the management and maintenance of the university budgets for student organizations; and will support and maintain departmental and divisional programs in partnership with the Office of Student Involvement and the Division of Student Affairs. Participation in campus-wide programming including, but not limited to, Homecoming, Mirth Week, Weeks of Welcome, and New & Transfer Student Orientations is required.
Key Duties Include
- Chair the SABC meetings and oversee the budget request & allocation process for Recognized Student Organizations
- Plan & facilitate SABC training/info sessions for Recognized Student Organizations
- Recruit applicants to serve on the SABC
- Assist with creating & maintaining budget request forms, SABC website(s), and appropriate marketing materials
- Assist with creating & maintaining records of funding allocated to student organizations
- Assist in bookkeeping for student organization budgets during & after each semester
- Assist in the development and implementation of campus program marketing efforts
- Assist the Office of Student Involvement programs team in the development, implementation, and assessment of program initiatives and student satisfaction
- Complete evaluations and reports as required by the program coordinator
- Maintain regular office hours and attend staff departmental meetings and retreats
- This list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned
- At the time of employment, candidates must be enrolled students at the University of Missouri – St. Louis.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25 before and during employment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of TritonSync student organization management system considered an asset
- The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively in a team and fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines. There will also be times when the candidate will be expected to complete tasks, make decisions, and communicate with staff with little or no supervision. Must be able to multitask and take initiative when necessary.
Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience in leadership programs and/or student organizations. Individuals should display strong organizational and communication skills complemented by a strong academic and co-curricular background. Candidates should display enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, as well as a desire to be an active member of a dynamic and diverse community. Undergraduate experience in event planning, student staff training, and student organization leadership is encouraged.
Starting salary is $9 per hour.
This position requires 10 – 15 hours per week in the Office of Student Involvement. Occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
Required Training Dates: