Student Programs Manager: Leadership Education Programs
Office of Student Involvement
The mission of the Office of Student Involvement is to help students develop as life-long learners and leaders by providing quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience.
The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) Student Programs Manager for Leadership and Training Programs supports a professional staff member in planning, implementing, and assessing leadership and training programs and services. As a member of the Office of Student Involvement, the student programs manager will support the department’s mission to develop life-long learners and leaders through quality programs and services that complement and enhance the academic experience at the university. This individual will assist in the planning and implementation of large-scale leadership programs including but not limited to the Emerging Leaders Program, Advanced Leaders Program, and the Leadership Diversity & New Member Institute.
This individual will also assist in developing ongoing leadership training programs such as Leadership on Demand and Leadership on the Go, and the Leadership Awards Committee, which plans the annual leadership Awards Reception for the Office of Student Involvement.
This individual will provide support and administer program and department assessments to collect information on student learning outcomes in coordination with the program coordinator; will assist in the management and maintenance of the department budget for leadership programming; and will support and maintain staff training programs in partnership with the Office of Student Involvement and the Division of Student Affairs. Participation in campus-wide programming including but not limited to Homecoming, Mirth Week, Weeks of Welcome, and Orientation is required.
Key Duties Include
- Assist in the planning and implementation of departmental programs. This position works specifically with:
- Emerging Leaders
- Advanced Leaders
- National Society of Leadership and Success
- Chancellors Engaged Leadership Certificate
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of Emerging Leaders Mentors
- Assist in the development and implementation of leadership and training program marketing efforts
- Assist the Office of Student Involvement leadership team in the development, implementation, and assessment of leadership initiatives and training
- Complete evaluations and reports as required by the program coordinator
- Maintain regular office hours and attend staff departmental meetings and retreats
- Attend Division of Student Affairs meetings, programs, and professional development opportunities as assigned by supervisor
- Work collaboratively with Student Affairs staff as needed
- This list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned
Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience in leadership development programs. Individuals should display strong organizational and communication skills complemented by a strong academic and co-curricular background. Candidates should display enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, as well as a desire to be an active member of a dynamic and diverse community. Undergraduate experience in event planning, student staff training, and student organization leadership is encouraged.
Preferred Graduate Academic Programs
- M.Ed. in Higher Education (HIED)
- M.Ed. in Adult Education (ADED)
- M.S. in Counseling (CNSL)
Starting salary is $9 per hour.
This position requires 10-15 hours per week in the Office of Student Involvement. Occasional night and weekend hours are required. A start date of August 5, 2019 is negotiable.
Required Training Dates: