WOW Crew Leader
Weeks of WelcomeNew Student Programs
The Office of New Student Programs (NSP) provides ongoing programs and services that support new students and families in transition to University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Provide assistance with the implementation of Triton Take-Off Weekend and Weeks of Welcome (WOW) activities with weekend events and Help-A-Triton tabling first two days of
- Guide and manage a group of 40 new students through all of the Triton Take-Off Weekend
- Work closely and effectively with fellow WOW Crew Leaders to make a memorable and welcoming environment for new
- Must be able to communicate effectively and provide and promote accurate information to students regarding Weeks of Welcome
- Initiate and develop open communication and interaction with your new students, fellow Crew Leaders and professional staff.
- Serve as a positive role model, set an example, and be excited to promote the UMSL community to students.
- WOW Crew Leader applicants must have attended one (1) full semester at the University of Missouri- St. Louis (minimum 12 credit hours) and have at least a minimum of a 2.25 overall cumulative grade point average at the time of application.
- No student may apply for or hold a WOW Crew position while on academic or disciplinary
- Applicants must: 1) complete an application, and 2) schedule an individual
- The opportunity to impact the lives, experiences, and academic success of first-year students at UMSL
- T-Shirt, meals, giveaways, and the opportunity to move-in to Oak or Villa Hall
- Increase communication and leadership skills
Required Training Dates:
- Sunday, April 7 (noon to 4:00pm)
- Wednesday, August 14 (6:00pm-10:00pm)
- Thursday, August 16 (11:00am-4:00pm) [optional--if you work another UMSL job you can attend their training at this time]
- Volunteering Commitment:
- Triton Take-Off Weekend--Friday, August 16 –Sunday, August 18 (will receive hours beginning of August)
- Help-A-Triton Table Shifts: Monday, August 19-Tuesday, August 20 [optional--2 hour shifts sign-up, based off your availability]
**Text in bold above for dates, mandatory to attend.